Thursday, September 25, 2008

I was very happy with my topic and the class involvement. I wish we could expand the discussion a little more. Are people just shy? can we do something about that or is it just the topic that I had? I guess I'll find out when other people present. I would also want to encourage people to get more comfortable disagreeing with someone, If we're going to spend so much time together the next three years talking we shouldn't be afraid to butt heads and politly but firmly disagree. Again, what can we do about this? As for my topic itself, my interest will remain unabated for the rest of my life and I hope you all are similarly curious. Some things to think about the next few weeks as you go to church, or sleep in; Why do we have religion? Can we acchive its function without weekly gatherings with others? What is the relationship between religion and consumerism? is the doctrine of a religion helpful in assisting morality/communitiy? Enjoy your reflection, I know I will. - David

No comments: