Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Study Abroad

Studying abroad meshes perfectly with the concept of Paidea and liberal arts education in general. This provides a unique expereince that further enriches both the educational experience of college (Ie. better foreign laungage/cultural skills) as well as the particular ideology of paidea with its focus on cross discipline and cooperation. I'd like to be better in my second laungage skills, more assertive, and more worldly in my approach to education (particulalry as international politics is my intrest within my major) The only thing I'm worried about is understanding everything in my classes and making sure I don't isolate myself because its easier than talking to native speakers. I'm thinking germany but I doubt I can afford more than a semester.

No comments: