Tuesday, December 2, 2008

End of semester reflection

So I've had a blast this semester. I wish we met more often, this has turned into one of my favorite classes. I like that our group has such opinionated people and those who will willingly argue their points. That's fantastic. Also, I appreciate everyone for how they respond to our discussions. I feel like no one is getting too aggressive or hurt while simultaneously maintaining a strong discussion. I also like that everyone seems to go along with my more outlandish statements. Even when everyone disagrees, I like that I can still say what I really think without worrying about everyone judging or getting their feelings hurt. Though some people should definitely speak up more. (you know who you are)

I enjoyed the 50 facts book and more specifically, the discussions it inspired. I wish we could talk more about some of the things in Newsweek but we have been pretty busy lately. What I really like is when Dr. G. mentions some reference we are talking about and how it connects to some psychological principle. I really do like psychology and if there is anything I would change, it would be to focus more on this particular topic with more lectures or readings focused on that. I realize everyone isn't equally interested in this but as it is our topic I would enjoy more than just a casual relationships to it.

We also need to get more people together for social events. Dr. G's house was fantastic but more people would have been even better. If need be we can take some class time and find out when everyone is free and what they like to do. The more we hang out together the better our class will be. This could also take the form of how we relate our topic more to our group, if we go to various venues with the specific task of analyzing people. - Just a thought

My favorite part so far has been Dr. G's house and meeting Casey and Buttercup. (who should be honorary members) Though to be sure I enjoy our actual class a lot. I don't feel like I've learned that much or united different fields of study any more than normally but then, I didn't expect to. This has pretty much exactly fulfilled my expectations with the exception that it has been more enjoyable than I thought and less focused on pure psychology.

I'm really excited about next semester, Have a nice break!- David

No comments: